Wednesday 18 July 2012

Is it about thinking differently? Is it about me being a bit Dyslexic..

And why is it such a hard word to spell?

Dyslexia affects 10% of the adult population; whilst recent research suggests 1:5 entrepreneurs are dyslexic. (300,000 in the UK)- so you are twice as likely to be an entreprenuer if you suffer from it.

Is this because you have to be I wonder? Apparently not, as dyslexic entrepreneurs then employ more workers than non-dyslexic entrepreneurs. Which moves it past just the surivial point!

Talents in innovation, problem solving and creativity, communicating, creating effective teams and seeing the bigger picture in business. Something we are looking at with Start up Britain with some market research into team building.

All my life, I have never put the fact I am dyslexic down and used it in a positive way. Never in school, on a CV, in an interview etc until now.

As I am not alone some very cool thinkers have been dyslexic. You may be impressed and surprised to know that:

Sir Richard Branson, Walt Disney, Bill Gates, Tommy Hilfiger, Steve Jobs, Theo Paphitis, Steven Spielberg, Lord Alan Sugar, Michelle Mone, Noel Gallagher, Roald Dahl, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Sir Winston Churchill, WB Yeats.

I know they are not all entrepreneurs, however I choose to highlight these names for you. Think and Google if needed who they are and what they have achieved.

So is it just another different way of thinking - I don't know but watch this space as from today I (and my dyslexica (I HATE THIS WORD) ) am going to do something rather different - something that hopefully doesnt need too much typing. And something which might just change the world of Mobile Marketing and gaming for brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment