Friday 29 June 2012

You know when it's good - when you almost drop everything and go....

But before I explain what it is... that would get me to leave everything I know and love for 100 days - let me just say this:

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the
work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Now this comes from a blog by the very man who told me about the event.

An event which is sooooo wonderful I would have come on it if I could.

Luckily, for me time stopped me. Not a lack of time. But time itself. As the applications have past. But next year (if we have a next year) it is my goal to go on it.

“20 Mentors. 100 days. 1 ship. 14 countries. 10 ventures. 1 belief that entrepreneurship will change the world”.

Unreasonable at Sea is a mentor driven accelerator for tech entrepreneurs who desire to take their ventures into new international markets.

Instead of uniting entrepreneurs in the entrepreneurial Hub of Boulder (as Unreasonable Institute does), they have partnered with Semester at Sea to launch an accelerator on a ship as it travels more than 25,000 nautical miles around the globe to 14 international destinations.

Over the course of the 100 day accelerator, the 10 companies they work with will have the chance to… explore the local economies of 14 countries where they will experiment in taking their technology to market and will bridge connections with top government officials, foundations, venture capitalists, and serial entrepreneurs.

Bring 2-3 core members of their founding team for the entirety of the program

Be mentored by 20 world-class serial entrepreneurs and innovators who will join us on the ship,

Be connected to and form relationships with top-tier globally centric venture capital funds and foundations.

And guess when the application process was over....

Last week!

Sometimes it would be better to not know than to know too late.

Or sometimes it is better to know people like Oli Barrett a little earlier in your life :)

By next year we will have launched our international marketplace for customizable mobile games - and this is what I will take with me :) (this is my new BHAG)

What I love about this idea - is that they have decided to leave Colorado and yet still manage to do some greatmarketing for it. Manchester take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment